Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Fall Watercolor

I went to a card-making workshop at my Stampin' Up demonstrator's house yesterday.  I haven't done that in a while, but a friend encouraged me to join her there.  We made five different cards with an autumn theme.  (well, one was Halloween)  I will be posting them over the next few days.  This first card used a watercolor block technique on glossy paper.


I smooshed four different inkpads (see below) onto a large acrylic block, spritzed it with water, and then stamped the block itself onto a piece of glossy paper.  It looks really cool.  A bit unpredictable.  That random blob on the right edge drives me crazy, but I am practicing the art of letting go.  lol

I stamped the tree silhouette and sentiment in Early Espresso ink.  After heat setting to make sure it was completely dry, I stamped tiny leaves on the branches and ground in two different colors.  Then I mounted it on a card base.  My daughter really liked this one.  Bonus - it's flat for mailing!

Stamps:  Sheltering Tree (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Peekaboo Peach, Early Espresso, So Saffron, Delightful Dijon, Calypso Coral (Stampin' Up)
Paper:  Peekaboo Peach, Early Espresso, glossy paper (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  large acrylic block, heat gun

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!