Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Ink It Up with Leigh Penner: Moon Blast


This year is just flying by.  How are we already into October?  It was downright cold outside this morning when my daughter left for the bus.  The trees are starting to show their autumn colors.  It's my favorite time of year!  My son Benjamin received his mission call two weeks ago and we are getting him prepared to leave.  He reports to the MTC (missionary training center) on Nov 9th and will be serving in the Utah Salt Lake City East mission.  Change is in the air.

It's also time for the newest Ink It Up post with Leigh Penner.  We share a project on the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month using uninked stamps.  When cleaning out my scrap drawer recently, I found this piece of metallic star paper already cut to size.  I simply adhered it to a white card base.  There it sat for a couple of days until the Half Pint Heroes set by Waltzingmouse caught my attention.  Sadly, that company is out of business now.  I saw the fun rocket ship and decided to re-create a card design I made several years ago. (found here)


Waltzingmouse made such wonderful stamps!  Thankfully, several of Claire's designs are now available through Gina K Designs.  Not the Half Pint series at this point, but you never know what will come in the future.  I stamped the rocket ship on a piece of white cardstock and colored it with Copic markers.  I added Wink of Stella on the flames and Glossy Accents over the boy's head.  Hopefully you can see it in these close-up photos.


I used the Mini Bubbles embossing folder by Paper Studio on a gray cardstock circle, shading it with Soft Stone ink, and then spritzing it with Perfect Pearl Mist.  And there you have it - a moon.  I love the shimmer!  It's almost otherworldly.  I stamped the sentiment on white cardstock and cut it apart into words.  The rocket ship is hand-cut and popped up for dimension.


This card was fun to make.  It's about time I got these darling stamps inked!  Once I got an idea, it came together very quickly.  Make sure you pop over to Leigh's blog, To the Full, to see her Ink It Up card!

Stamps:  Half Pint Heroes (Waltzingmouse)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); Soft Stone (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White (Papertrey Ink); Rockstar Stack dsp (DCWV)
Copic: 0, C1, C3, C5, E00, E30, E42, R05, R20, R24, R29, BG72, BG75, BG78, BG99
Misc:  Standard Circles Large die (Spellbinders); Mini Bubbles embossing folder (Paper Studio); Perfect Pearl Mist, Glossy Accents (Ranger); clear Wink of Stella; ink sponging tool

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so fun, Heidi! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, your 'outer space' card is out-of-this-world charming! What a fabulous starry sky; perfect for your polka-dot moon, your rocket and astronaut (that smile is infectious!), and sweet sentiments! Awesome all around!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!