Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Ink It Up with Leigh Penner: Wishing You Unicorns


Oh my goodness, I am sorry this post is late!  I have been so scatterbrained lately and completely forgot to get it ready.  Leigh Penner and I post twice a month, on the second and fourth Wednesdays, to share a card using uninked stamps.  I chose to use this adorable Magical Unicorns set by My Favorite Things.


I cut white and black cardstock with the Sunshine Layers dies by Wplus9 Design Studio.  On the white piece, I stamped a random pattern of sunbursts and colored the centers with a Y13 Copic marker.  I then embellished the suns using Lemon Drop and Sugar Cube iridescent glitters by Martha Stewart.  You know I love all that sparkle!

I stamped and colored the unicorn image using various Copic markers.  I added silver Wink of Stella to the horn and hooves.  The wing is a separate piece of cardstock that I glittered with Sugar Cube.  I cut a white cloud with the Clouds 1 & 2 dies by Papertrey Ink, did some shading with a C1 Copic marker, and covered the whole thing with clear Wink of Stella.


I stamped a sentiment from Magical Unicorns onto a Double-Ended Banner die cut.  I layered a second banner underneath cut from Spring Rain cardstock.  Once I finished all the bits and pieces, I adhered it all to a Spring Rain card base.  It turned out super cute!

Make sure you hop over to Leigh's blog, To the Full, to see her Ink It Up post!

Stamps:  Magical Unicorns (My Favorite Things)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  White, Spring Rain, True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Copic:  0, C1, Y13, B000, B00, B02, R20, R30, RV13, RV14, RV17
Misc:  Double-Ended Banner die, Clouds 1 & 2 die (Papertrey Ink); Sunshine Layers dies (Wplus9 Design Studio); Sugar Cube and Lemon Drop glitter (Martha Stewart); clear and silver Wink of Stella pens; glue pen

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!