Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Lots of Smilies

I watched a recent video by Jennifer McGuire showing the emboss resist/distress resist technique and I really liked her simple card design, so I decided to copy it.  :)  I chose to use Little Emotions by Mama Elephant to make a card for my daughter Emily.  She's had a rough week after hurting her ankle at a trampoline park a week ago.  We thought it was just a sprain at first, but it turned out to be a small fracture.  She loves emoticons, so I knew these cute little images would be perfect for her!


I stamped the emoticon images all over the right side and bottom of the card with VersaMark ink and embossed them with white powder.  I chose several Distress Ink colors and blended them right over top.  I love how bright and cheerful they are!  It definitely makes me smile.  :)

I cut an angled piece of white cardstock using a rectangle die.  After stamping a phrase from Sunday Sentiments on the bottom edge, I cut that narrow piece off with my paper cutter.  Then, I stamped the large smile word from The Big, The Bold & Friends by Winnie & Walter.  I popped the two white pieces up with foam tape with space in between them, adding a few Pansy Purple sequins as a final touch.

Again, this is not my original design.  Check out Jennifer McGuire's cards on her blog.  They are just darling!  I must try the more subtle distress resist technique soon.  Anyway, I hope this fun card brightens Emily's day when she finds it in her backpack.  :)

Stamps:  Little Emotions, Sunday Sentiments (Mama Elephant); The Big, the Bold & Friends (Winnie & Walter)
Ink:  VersaMark; Tuxedo Black (Memento); Picked Raspberry, Twisted Citron, Wild Honey, Carved Pumpkin, Wilted Violet (Distress Ink)
Paper:  White (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Blueprints 2 die (My Favorite Things); Pansy Purple sequins (Pretty Pink Posh); white embossing powder (Filigree); sponge tool (Tim Holtz); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!