Thursday, February 16, 2017

PTI Past, Present and Future 2008: Frenzied Hello


I have three of the stamp sets featured on the Papertrey Ink blog for 2008.  After much debate, I decided to use Floral Frenzy.  I was inspired by Michelle Leone's card where she used one of the patterned circles to create a graphic design.  The leaf image in the set caught my eye, so I created my own graphic-style background.


I stamped the leaf image using Tropical Teal and Tuxedo Black inks in an interlocked design on white cardstock.  I matted the piece with True Black cardstock and then adhered it to a Tropical Teal card base.  The color is actually a bit more green than my picture shows.  In real life, it's a rich teal.

I cut two black leaf silhouettes using a die, doubling them for extra thickness.  I stamped the hello image on white cardstock and punched it out with a 7/8" circle punch, matting it with a black 1" circle so it would stand out better from the background.  Finally, I stamped a sentiment directly on the card base just above the pattern.

Simple, but striking!  Go here to see other cards for the 2008 Papertrey Ink celebration.

Stamps:  Floral Frenzy (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); Tropical Teal (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White, Tropical Teal, True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Leaf Silhouettes die (Papertrey Ink); 7/8" and 1" circle punches (EK Success)

1 comment:

  1. This is so striking and fabulous! I thought your stamped panel was patterned paper -- great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!