Monday, February 20, 2017

PTI Past, Present and Future 2012: Sunshine

I'm working against the clock now and probably won't get all the Papertrey Ink celebration challenges done in time for the link-up on Nichole Heady's blog.  It closes first thing in the morning and I have Symphony Chorale rehearsal tonight.  Not to mention, the sun is going down!  If I get any more done today, I will have to use indoor lighting.  Ugh.  I thought I had until tomorrow night.  Oh well!  I need to pat myself on the back for finishing six cards in one week, because that is an unusual thing for me.  :)

I only have one of the featured sets for the year 2012.  Naturally I chose to use it.  :D  Hello Sunshine is a favorite anyway.  I also used a few things from Blue Skies.


I cut a cloud backdrop using the Cover Plate: Blue Skies die by Papertrey Ink.  I sponged Spring Rain ink on the lower part below the clouds.  I cut the sun using the Cover plate: Blue Skies Rays die on Bright Buttercup cardstock.  I sponged Bright Buttercup and Summer Sunrise inks on it to add texture.  Then I stamped the circle image from Hello Sunshine on the bottom in Summer Sunrise ink.  I glued both pieces to a Spring Rain card base.

I cut the word sunshine from both Summer Sunrise bitty dot paper and the matching cardstock, gluing three layers together for stability and dimension.  (I had to cut the "i" dot twice, because I lost the first one!)  I stamped the hello sentiment on Spring Rain cardstock with black ink.  Finally, I stamped some bird silhouettes from Blue Skies in the upper right corner.

It's a cheerful little card, isn't it?  Hop over here to see other cards featuring 2012 stamp sets by Papertrey Ink.

Stamps:  Hello Sunshine, Blue Skies (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); Bright Buttercup, Summer Sunrise, Spring Rain (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White, Spring Rain, Bright Buttercup (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Cover Plate: Blue Skies die, Cover Plate: Blue Skies Rays die, Sunshine die (Papertrey Ink)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!