Monday, August 28, 2017

SAF 2017: Feathers


This was a fun challenge!  I enjoyed making the faux leather paper with Cocoa Bean cardstock as instructed by Ashley Cannon Newell.  The texture is awesome.  I already had glycerin on hand and process was very easy.  It just needs time to dry.



I cut my faux leather piece with a stitched rectangle die from Noted: Scalloped A1 by Papertrey Ink.  It fits perfectly inside the Mix & Mat: Herringbone frame cut from Dark Indigo cardstock.  I love discoveries like that!  I cut the photo corners from Dark Chocolate cardstock.

After stamping the sentiment from Year of Psalms: March in Cocoa Bean ink, I glued my layers together.  I stamped the birdcage images from Love Birds in Classic Kraft ink on a Kraft card base in a staggered pattern, adding the birds in the same ink.  Then I sponged Cocoa Bean ink around the edges and added my framed panel to the card on an angle.

I stamped the feathers, also from Year of Psalms: March, in Tropical Teal ink on Kraft cardstock and stamped the vines with Pinefeather ink.  After hand cutting the feathers, I glued them around the sentiment on the faux leather piece.

The finished design is very masculine and makes a great sympathy card.  You see other projects using this technique here at Nichole Heady's blog.

Stamps:  Year of Psalms: March, Love Birds (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Cocoa Bean, Tropical Teal, Pinefeather, Classic Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Kraft, Cocoa Bean, Dark Chocolate, Dark Indigo (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Noted: Scalloped A1 die, Mix & Mat: Herringbone dies (Papertrey Ink; glycerin, water mister, sponge tool

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!