Friday, February 9, 2018

PTI 11th Anniversary Day 1: Sketch Challenge


Papertrey Ink is celebrating their 11th anniversary this month.  I chose Lizzie's sketch for the first challenge after much deliberation.  Despite its sweet simplicity, I spent so long designing my card today that I lost the daylight and had to resort to taking my picture indoors.  I will try to get a better one tomorrow if it doesn't rain.


(edited to add better photo)



I've had Beautiful Brushstrokes since its limited re-release last year, but had yet to use it on a card.  It's such a pretty set!  I stamped the large rose image in Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, and Pure Poppy inks on white cardstock.  I put a touch of White Blizzard Nuvo drops in the center.  I stamped the leaves in New Leaf and Olive Twist inks.  I added little heart sprigs from the Bloom & Grow mini kit in Olive Twist and Pure Poppy. 

On a white card base, I layered two white cardstock pieces cut with the Chevron Vertical Cover Plate die.  I stamped a sentiment from Signature Greetings on a white cardstock strip and adhered it near the bottom.  Then I arranged my floral pieces on top.  Simple and pretty!

See other cards for the sketch challenge at the Papertrey Ink blog here.

Stamps:  Beautiful Brushstrokes, Bloom & Grow, Signature Greetings (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Pure Poppy, New Leaf, Olive Twist (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Beautiful Brushstrokes dies, Chevron Vertical Cover Plate die (Papertrey Ink); White Blizzard (Nuvo Crystal Drops) 

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!