Tuesday, February 13, 2018

PTI 11th Anniversary Day 5: Retirement List Set Challenge


Today's card is for the Papertrey Ink 11th Anniversary challenge to use a stamp set from the retirement list.  I chose Beautiful Butterflies for this one.  I also used the coordinating Beautiful Butterflies Layers set, although that isn't on the list for some reason.


I stamped the large butterfly images in Hawaiian Shores and Tropical Teal inks on Fresh Snow Linen cardstock.  I stamped the butterfly body in black ink over top.  This was my inaugural use of the Tim Holtz Stamp Platform, which I recently purchased to aid in lining up stamps like this.  Not bad for a first try!  :)

I stamped the anniversary sentiment underneath in black ink.  It's also from the Beautiful Butterflies set, which has some lovely sentiments in it.  I layered the linen panel on True Black cardstock and then on a Tropical Teal card base.

I love these colors.  So much.  It makes a very pretty butterfly.  You can see other cards using retiring stamp sets at the Papertrey Ink blog here.

Stamps:  Beautiful Butterflies, Beautiful Butterflies Layers (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal (Papertrey Ink); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  Fresh Snow Linen, Tropical Teal, True Black (Papertrey Ink)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!